Monday, September 23, 2013

About Me - Katie Hicks


About me:
1. I grew up in Minnetonka, Minnesota, a suburb about 20 minutes west of Minneapolis.

2. I'm going to be honest. Since coming to college, I haven't kept up with the news as well as I did when I was at home. I used to get most of my news through TV, whether it was watching 60 Minutes during dinner or Anderson Cooper at night with my mom. Lately I've been turning on the news more frequently in my dorm room and reading more online news sources like The New York Times.

3. I have a lot of favorite TV shows, mostly because I watch more Netflix than I should. However, if I had to pick one, it would probably be 30 Rock. I love Tina Fey and quoting her is one of my favorite pastimes.

4. I'm not sure I have a favorite catchphrase but I do tend to use words like "lolz" and "fosho" more than I should while texting.

5. The phenomenons that annoys me the most are definitely memes. The pictures with phrases were funny at one time, but that time has passed.

6. I really like acoustic and indie music. Anything by Vampire Weekend or The Lumineers or Of Monsters and Men would be great.

7. One of my friends just introduced me to the Bad Lip Reading videos, which I found pretty funny!



No comments: