Monday, September 23, 2013

Online Assignment One


1)      I was born and raised in the town of Dodgeville, Wis. That, for those of you who are not from around here, is like an hour from Madison. I transferred here from Marquette in Milwaukee.  

2)   So I must fess up and admit that most of my news comes from twitter and yahoo. Then, like some of my co-students have also admitted the Daily Show and Colbert. I was much better about watching news this summer!  Now there is never time but I plan on getting my act together.

3)   I rarely watch T.V. to be honest, especially while at school. But when I do it’s usually shows like Seinfeld or The Office and, as previously mentioned, John Stewart and The Colbert Report. Sometimes I’m weird and like to watch things on the History channel about medieval prophets or the black plague. I don’t know why.

4) I never feel comfortable using cultural catch phrases! I'd like to see "dig it" come back though. 

5) Nike shirts with phrases such as "Still the flyest."or "Lazy but talented." Sexist slang was never funny in the least bit. Also, since I'm at Starbucks, the Pumpkin Spice Latte shaming that has erupted in the twitter realm. They are delicious, okay? Lastly,  the "Keep Calm and..." phrase. 

6) Bob Dylan. Or some Kanye West. 

7) Because it might be relevant: 





No comments: