Friday, September 20, 2013

Louisa's Online Assignment #1

1. I was born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota, near the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus.

2. My primary source for news has always been Minnesota Public Radio and National Public Radio because my parents always had the radio on at home when I was growing up. I read the Minneapolis Star Tribune when I'm at home but I've also started reading the New York Times for more national coverage, and I've been reading both of the student newspapers since I've been on campus, as well.

3. I go through some pretty serious phases with TV shows but right now I'm really into "Revenge" on ABC, as well as the Netflix originals "House of Cards" and "Orange is the New Black."

4. My current favorite catchphrase... That's a tough one. I've realized that I've started saying "solid" or "good deal" instead of "okay" recently. I do tend to say "that's on point" quite a bit, as well.

5. The pop culture phenomenon that has been bothering me the most recently is without a doubt twerking. It just seems very demeaning to women and a wholly unnecessary fad that's become popular in our society.

6. I would love to hear some Trampled by Turtles or Kendrick Lamar before class sometime. I know it's an odd combination but I love them both!

7. I saw this quite a while ago but recently rediscovered it and I still think it's just as great and entertaining!

No comments: