Monday, September 23, 2013

Sofie's Online Assignment

1. I was born and raised in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It's a small city about thirty minutes north of the University of Iowa. No I did not live on a farm.

2. My primary source of news was usually our local Cedar Rapids paper The Gazette which I would look over in the morning when I was eating breakfast, as well as national and local half hour news shows on NBC and ABC at night and in the morning. I would also watch CNN with my mom after dinner when we would catch up on the day's events.

3. My favorite TV show will always be Friends. But I am also still a fan of Grey's Anatomy. The storyline may continue to become increasingly unrealistic, yet they still get viewers like me tuned in every week.

4. I don't know if it's really a catchphrase but usually when I'm talking with my friends I will say "ermahgerd" instead of the usually "oh my god" or "OMG" playing off the viral meme of the girl saying "ermahgerd" I just find it hilarious.

5. Miley Cyrus. We get it that you're trying to break away from your Disney persona, but you are really coming off as trashy. Yet again, you have the entire country talking about you, and you've never had so much publicity, and for that, you are a genius. Again, incredibly annoying.

6. It would be great to hear some old school 70's disco to get us going in the morning. Maybe not the most popular these days, but it reminds me of my mom growing up and listening to the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack on repeat and always puts me in a good mood. Or Florence + the Machine's Shake it Out. Could jump and dance around to that song for hours.

7. Props to whoever posted the Falling Grape Lady video, that's my favorite video of all time, but I will post a different video. I love watching Vine videos and this was one of my favorites.


No comments: