Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Online Assignment #1

1. I was born in Minneapolis, but lived in Middletown, Connecticut until I was seven. After that my family lived in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

2. I get my news from quite a few different sources. I subscribe to the New York Times mobile, and have the mobile versions of both BBC and Heute (a German news outlet). I also receive The Economist and listen to NPR as often as I can. In addition to this, I read the Daily Cardinal, the Wisconsin State Journal and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel for local news. Finally I'm exposed to 'news' from Facebook, Twitter and satirical shows (like Colbert and The Daily Show).

3. Breaking Bad/House of Cards

4. Okay, I have to be honest. I do call some things "ratchet". Even though I am fully aware of how stupid this sounds, I think it's actually a good description of certain things...see next question.

5. Miley Cyrus. Get your ratchet angst out of my face. This is a little dated, but I also have serious issues with the royal baby. Why does America care? Didn't we fight a war to get away from royalty?

6. Elvis! Or Lana Del Rey, since apparently everyone who's posted already is into alternative.

7. I don't care if it's a political advertisement, I found this so incredibly touching. Talk about trying to breach partisanship.


No comments: