Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Assignment 1


1. I am from Needham, MA. It is a suburb about 20 minutes west of Boston.

2. My primary source of the news is the New York Times. I have an online subscription and receive daily headlines emailed to me each morning.  I read NY Times journalist Nicholas Kristoff’s column and blog regularly for news about global affairs.  In addition, I get less immediate news from watching documentaries about current events and cultural phenomena.

3. My favorite TV show of all time is Friends. Recently, I’ve been watching Suits and Scandal, which have quickly turned into guilty pleasures.

4. My favorite catchphrase right now is “FOMO” (Fear Of Missing Out).  I usually think acronyms are annoying, but I find this one very applicable and can’t resist using it at times.

5. The pop culture phenomenon that I find most infuriating is the popularity of the Kardashian family. I find it completely outrageous that they have such celebrity and little to no talent.

6. I would love to hear anything by Mumford and Sons before lecture!

7. I recently saw this video of an adorable elderly couple struggling to use a webcam.

No comments: