Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Online Assignment #1



1. I was born in Elgin, Illinois – a suburb of Chicago, but I’ve lived in Minnetonka, Minnesota – a suburb of the Twin Cities – since I was 4 years old.

2. To be honest, up until I came to Madison, my dad was the one who would keep me up to date on the latest news. I realize now that his retellings of the news were probably extremely bias, being that he is a very political person. I would also skim the headlines of the newspaper when I would go get it from the mailbox, and occasionally I’d watch the news with my family. But honestly, I didn’t really keep up with current events. Since I’ve been in Madison, I’ve been reading the New York Times online, and I’m hoping to get an actual subscription soon.

3. My favorite TV show is definitely ‘New Girl’. I’m obsessed with Zoey Deschanel. ‘Criminal Minds’ is a close second, but sometimes that one scares me too much.

4. I don't know if I have a favorite catch phrase, but I say "fo sho" and "what up?" a lot. I guess I just really like to shorten phrases.

5. The pop culture phenomenon that annoys me most is the fact that technology is becoming our primary means of communication and that younger generations are becoming more socially awkward because they don’t know how to interact with their peers face to face.

6. My recent music obsession is Vampire Weekend, but anything by the Lumineers or Imagine Dragons would probably be my favorite.


7. I know this is old and most people have probably already seen it, but it gets me every time. If you haven't seen it, you need to - it's a classic. Her moaning... and the reaction of the news reporters at the end always makes me laugh. 




No comments: